St. Elias Ministries for the Whole Family:
- Orthros (Matins), Sundays, 9:00 am
- Divine Liturgies, Sundays, 10:00 am
- Sunday School for Children, every Sunday following communion
- Home Blessings during the Theophany season.
- Catechumen/Religious Education classes as requested.
- Visitation of the Sick (Hospital or Home)
How has St. Elias been a good family member of the larger Dubuque Community?
By taking our ministry out among the people:
- St. Elias participates in the Dubuque Circle’s Initiative, which helps families break the cycle of poverty.
- St. Elias members raised over $800 for the annual Dubuque Crop Walk, which helps ends hunger in our world.
- St. Elias makes regular donations to the Dubuque Food Pantry, helping those less fortunate.
- Through the St. Elias garage sale, we were able to make donations to the Dubuque Rescue Mission Thrift Stores, which will benefit the homeless.
- St. Elias also works towards a greater community through inter-religious cooperation and friendship through the Children of Abraham dialogue, and the Dubuque Area Congregations United.
- St. Elias also participates in the Operation Christmas Child program providing Christmas presents for children around the world.
Samuel the Prophet; Holy Martyr Luke of Bouleutos; Afterfeast of the Dormition of our Most Holy Lady the Theotokos and Ever Virgin Mary; Stephen, First King of Hungary; Hierotheos, Bishop of Hungary; Oswin the Martyr, King of Deira
The life of the Orthodox Church perpetuates and fulfills the ministry of Jesus Christ. The close association between Christ and His Church is reflected in the images from the Scriptures which declare that Christ is the Head and the Church is His Body, and that Christ is the Bridegroom and the Church is His bride. Learn more»